October 2013

October 2013

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Davey Crockett or Michaela Gonzales??????



As usual the kids have been playing out side. The unusually warmer weather has been nice (so that the kids can occupy themselves out doors). Well the other day Michaela came inside from playing, for dinner. She mentioned something about a racoon in our yard. We didn't think much of it except we made sure that she knew to stay away from it. "It might bite you" etc. Well then she proceeded to tell us that it was dead and that they dragged it all the way up the yard and put it on our big picturesque tree stump. We of course were astonished and ran outside to see for ourselves! Sure enough there was a dead racoon on our stump.
Apparently they dragged it up with sticks. She insisted that they didn't touch it with their hands or any other body parts.

6 comments:

suzanne said...

That is so funny! You have to write this story down so you will always remember it. What a little tom boy! I would have done something like that when I was little.

Kelly Glupker said...

So are you raising your kids to be hicks? Just Kidding! I think it's great!!! It's really too bad how many kids don't play outdoors anymore to experience the kind of adventure Michaela experienced the other day. :)

Jake B. said...

I agree with Kelly, do you guys live in the UP or something? I must be a city boy because, i am a grown man and i wouldnt have touched that thing with a 10ft pole. You got some adventerous kids.

Kelly said...

That is so funny and gross at the same time! What did you do when you found out what really happened? I would have sanitized Lauren like crazy!
She's only 4 imagine what she'll manage when she's older!

Traci said...

Oh that is so hilarious! That is the biggest raccoon I've ever seen. :) What did you end up doing with it? Is it still going to be on that stump when we come over this week? Robbie will probably try to put it in his mouth or something.

Ben & Shannon said...

Yes, I did clean her up asap. Threw her in the bath tub in fact! Ben finally disposed of the dead body the other night. He threw it way out in the woods!!!!
You'd think we do live in the UP sometimes. Laingsburg is definitely a hick town:)