This last month has been busy as usual. We finally when to get family pictures done. Michaela finished up her first Volleyball season ever at GCS and loved it! Grant finished his first Soccer season up at GCS! They both really enjoyed their sports teams. Michaela is in her basketball season right now. We are thankful for her aggressive ball skills. She is by no means an aggressive kid so to see her use proper aggression on the court is different yet a good thing for the team! Grant can not wait for his basketball season to start. He has never played organized basketball. He has been playing a lot out in the driveway since we have moved here. It looks like he has some moves :) so we'll see???!!!! Brooklyn is a happy camper going to the high school anytime she gets the chance. She seems to have lots of friends over there. Everyone knows her. She is definitely not afraid to meet people. High schoolers don't intimidate her at all. They are her best friends :) according to her.
Tomorrow Brooklyn is turning 7. I know I hear many people who say they can't believe how their kids are getting older and what not. It just hit me the other day that OUR YOUNGEST CHILD IS TURNING 7. That's CrAzY to me. Today I spent a good portion of the day making cake pops for her to take to school as her birthday treat for the class. I have made cake pops before and I know that they are not hard to make. Today I about messed them all up. First, the chocolate got burned. Then I tried again. I got busy doing something and burned it again. 3rd time was a charm thankfully. The cake balls would not stay on the sticks. Ughhhh, it was frustrating to say the least. They are done and they are what they are! Not making anything else at this point. Happy 7th birthday to Brooklyn Grace!
One of Ben's students gave him 2 Piston's tickets. He was pumped to take Michaela this time & Michaela was pumped to go to her first professional basketball game ever. I'm so glad that the kids get to do fun stuff like that every once in a while!
The next several weeks are filled with preparing for Christmas concerts, cantatas, etc. Ben is directing his school choirs on December 12, the church cantata is December 15 @ 6 pm. We are also looking forward to watching our kids in their program on December 15 @ 11 am. All three kids have solo's. Michaela has a key part in the drama as well. We are really looking forward to the Christmas season! We have many opportunities to reflect and be thankful for the real reason for the season - CHRIST!
Tuesday, November 05, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment